Chief Operating Officer
Delft, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
QuantWare is looking for a Chief Operating Officer with strategic, technical and managerial talents to play a central role within our organisation and to help our exceptional team going forward. As an experienced leader, you will have the unique and compelling opportunity to make a big impact on the achievements of our young, deep-tech scale up. This is a great time to be joining QuantWare within a role that’s crucial to our success!
QuantWare is the world's leading supplier of superconducting quantum hardware. Our mission is to accelerate the advent of the quantum computer. We design, develop and fabricate state-of-the-art Quantum Processor Units. We are extremely motivated to solve hard problems and make useful quantum computation a reality. We are committed to diversity and work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can thrive.
Impact of the role:
As a COO at QuantWare you will join our MT to drive the improvements of and carry responsibility for our operations. You are the connector between the management team and the operational organisation. Your challenge is to optimise our complex production organisation, within a highly innovative, deep-tech industry. You get to start with a blank canvas, planning, setting up and running state-of-the-art facilities with cutting edge technologies. You direct continuous change and improve processes in production, order fulfilment and procurement. Constantly switching between operation, tactics and strategy, you safeguard our company’s mission and objectives, to help us towards the next phase of scaling up.
Your responsibilities will include:
- driving the planning, establishing, and operating our production-, measurement- and R&D facilities, including safety and risk management
- planning and executing large-scale capex projects
- setting up and managing a scalable production organisation and managing our production planning possibly including international expansion.
- setting up a reliable supply chain and ERP
- participating in establishing our long-term fabrication strategy
- the establishment of and day-to-day management of operational teams
To be successful within this role, you at least have the following:
- a relevant Master in engineering or business administration
- previous experience as COO or within a relevant operational role
- experience gained within a (hardware) production environment
The match would be even more perfect if you have:
- scale up experience
- a background in engineering
- experience in planning and executing CAPEX intensive projects
This role requires you to be able to think long-term, to draw up strategic plans in line with the organisational goals and objectives. To thrive as COO you are pragmatic, hands-on and enjoy the challenge of large scale projects. It’s important that you act with integrity and are able to deal with uncertainty within a dynamic scale-up environment.
But please don’t hesitate to apply if you think this could be the right opportunity for you, even if you don’t tick all of the boxes.
What we have to offer
to a competitive salary and attractive benefits, Quantware offers you a
challenging position with ample opportunity to grow and responsibility from the
get-go. You get to work with world-leading experts within an exciting,
innovative field. QuantWare offers an inclusive environment in which people can
learn, fall, thrive and excel. We value friendship, trust and openness. We want
people from all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our
organisation. We are actively trying to diversify our team and to bring more
voices to the table, so all applicants are welcome.
In case you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to Björn Bogerd (Recruiter at QuantWare) via email@example.com
QuantWare is an equal-opportunity employer.