Internship Quantum Measurement Engineer
Delft, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
We’re looking for a highly-motivated Intern to strengthen our measurement team! She or he will assist our efforts to characterize and improve quantum processors and parametric amplifiers by helping perform measurements. This will involve a wide range of technical aspects; from vacuum technology and cryogenics to microwave engineering and quantum physics. Responsibilities include installing and testing new RF components, helping maintain the cryogenic setup, writing calibration code, and learning how to characterize and improve superconducting qubits. This internship provides a unique opportunity to contribute to the R&D at a deep-tech company. As an integral part of the feedback cycle in device improvement and testing, you will work closely with the other engineering teams in the company as well.
• Maintaining & upgrading cryogenic setups
• Installing new microwave components and quantum devices
• Developing measurement code & functionality
• Characterizing superconducting qubit performance
Ideal starting date: As soon as possible. Please only apply if you are interested and available to continue working at QuantWare after your internship period.
• A hands-on mentality
• Exceptionally motivated to make an impact
• A (nearly completed) Master's degree in Physics, preferably with a focus on quantum computation
• Experience with Python-based programming is a plus
• Experience with superconducting circuits is a strong plus
• Experience with microwave measurement techniques is a strong plus